Karamea Community Incorporated Minutes 9 April 2018 (DRAFT)

DRAFT: Karamea Community Incorporated Minutes 9 April 2018

7pm, Karamea Community Centre (previously the RSA)

 

Present: Peter Moynihan, Rosalie Sampson, Raramai Adcock, Brian Corner, Brian Jones

Apologies: Kathleen Gavigan, Clive Hellyar, Sylvia Raikes, Dyan Hansen, Pete Howard

Rosalie moved that apologies be accepted.

Whakatauākī: Peter M

The members of this group are diverse and bring a variety of skills. If we are all fully supported, and our different skills are utilized, we will make great progress.

 

 

Agenda

  1. Conflict of interest notifications

Rosalie noted her possible conflict relating to the letter of agreement.

  1. Approval of minutes and review from previous meeting including action items (12 Mar 2018). Brian Jones moved to approve the minutes as true and accurate, Rosalie seconds.

 

 

Item

 

1.

Kohaihai Lookout track

Peter met with Suvi (along with Rosalie and Mal Hansen), digger will be used to re-open the track, and then volunteers can work to finish it off. Suvi will work up Memorandum of Understanding that is simpler than the previous draft.

Peter

2.

Market Cross Hub Development

Meeting at Peter Gibson: two lots need to be amalgamated; permit for repiling has gone through (repiling on track for end of April, early May); building plans still coming.

 

Rosalie

3.

Charitable Status application

Wait for next meeting to collect remaining signatories (all committee members requested).

Rosalie moved that we change end of financial year to March 31, and we have a special meeting to finalise it. Brian J seconds. Motion carried.

Brian/Rosalie

4.

Additional signatory for Oparara Arch Track Upgrade

Rosalie will follow up with Kathleen, and get forms sent out.

Rosalie

 

  1. Treasurer’s report (Rosalie)

Rosalie moves that we proceed with purchase of Cash Manager upgrade, with payments for Hui expenses, and that reports were accurate and accepted; Raramai seconds; motion carried.

  1. Interest from CLDP funds: discussion to be held at Hui.
  2. Karamea Community Plan and Hui. Pete Howard can provide flipchart paper and pens. Facilitators will meet prior to Hui to discuss plans.
  3. KCI CLDP applications (Brian)

Requests for CLDP investment

$9,078 – Support KCI’s dual role of fundholder and leadership group; website migration, capability building/training workshops.
STATUS: Accepted

 

$2,567 – Attendance costs at the CLDP Partners Hui, Wellington.

STATUS: Approved

 

Proposed Requests For CLDP investment

 

Resonance Karamea Educational Trust

Project: Erosion protection at the Ōpārara Reserve

Approx request amount:  $12,420 (excl GST)

Co-investment: Favourable local quote, volunteer time

STATUS: Ready for investment

 

Clean Streams Karamea Inc

Project: Road access and water to the riparian planting nursery and demonstration site

Approx request amount: $8,000

Co-investment: Land donated by BDC, volunteer time

STATUS: Ready for investment

 

Karamea Community Inc

Project: Wages/salary for a Community Connector position

Approx request amount: Unknown - Job description, EA, personnel costs and HR processes in development

Co-investment: Not required

STATUS: At the KCI meeting of 12/03/2018 it was agreed that a request for investment will be revisited after the May Partners hui.

 

Karamea Community Inc

Project: Website upgrade

Appox request amount: Unknown

Co-investment: Nil

STATUS: In development

 

 

 

  1. Letter of Agreement - Lottery Environment & Heritage Fund / Ōpārara Valley Project Trust & Karamea Community Incorporated. Brian J moves that we enter into the agreement as outlined in the letter; Raramai seconds; motion carried. Letter to be signed, and Rosalie to send off.
  2. Health and Safety: Correspondence received from WorkSafe relating to volunteers, Kathleen will update our Health and Safety policy in accordance with the new information.
  3. Peter Kenyon visit: approx. 12 people have pre-registered their plans to attend.
  4. General Business

Rosalie will follow up with Incorporated Societies to obtain our registration number.

Rosalie moved that we ask Peter Gibson to do the books for the year. Brian J seconds; motion carried.

Raramai asked about status of CoStarters for Causes—currently on hold until after the Hui, but still a possibility.

Working bee at the Karamea Community Centre Saturday April 14—all hands on deck, please

 

Volunteer for May whakatauākī: Raramai.

Meeting closed: 8.32pm.

 

Next meeting: 7pm Mon May 14, 2018 at Karamea Bowling Club

 
X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.
Loading