KCI meeting 9 October 2017 Minutes

(subject to ratification at Nov 13 2017 meeting)

Karamea Community Incorporated (KCI)

Minutes 9 October 2017

Karamea Community Centre (RSA)

 

Present: Brian Corner, Clive Hellyar, Brian Jones, Peter Moynihan, Sheryl Rhind, Radek Podkorny,

Rosalie Sampson, Peter Gibson, Sylvia Raikes

Apologies: Raramai Adcock, Paul Murray, Hanne Nielsen

Whakatauākī: Sheryl

Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei

Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain.

  1. Review Minutes and Action items (see below) from previous meeting

Nothing arising from the minutes. Clive moved to accept them as accurate, Radek seconded. Motion carried.

 

Liaise with DOC re Memorandum of Understanding for Kohaihai’s Zig Zag track—Peter has been in contact, DOC contact has been away. Communication will be ongoing. (Peter)

Arrange membership with Buller REAP—paperwork has been completed, and Brian will submit. Radek and Brian will meet to confer on technical aspects of membership list maintenance and communication. Communication group is also working on issue of how we communicate with community; future roles (if any) of this group to be determined. (Brian, Radek)

GST registration for KCI—KCI now have IRD number; tax return needs to be filed as next step of filing for GST registration. (Treasurer)

Confirm (through joint KCI/RSA sub Cttee) go ahead with drawings – Clive has done this.

Implement arrangements for AGM -- Done

 

  1. AGM (16 Oct)
    1. Agenda. Membership list needs to be updated. Clive and Sheryl will forward records of members to Brian, who will update master list hosted on website. (Clive, Sheryl, Brian C)
    2. Nominations for Cttee

Discussion on possible nominees, with some reluctance being expressed by potential nominees over complexity of CLDP partnering requirements.

  1. Community meeting on CLDP –

                                                        i.     Draft CLDP Project Process document to be shared via email in advance, after KCI committee and communications group members have had a chance to review no later than Wednesday noon. (Clive).

                                                      ii.     Publicity for Community Meeting on CLDP. (Brian C)

                                                     iii.     Facilitator: ask Pete Howard to facilitate. If Pete is unable, than Liz Kerslake will be approached Motion carried. (Brian C)

 

  1. Community Building Improvement Update

Inspection to take place in November.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report

$1223 in account, $60 check due for hall hire.

Brian J moves, Radek seconds that KCI become members of Karamea Information & Resource Centre. Motion carried.

  1. Clean Streams Karamea request

The committee agrees to transfer authority from KCI to Clean Streams. Sheryl moves, Brian J seconds. Motion carried.

  1. General Business

An auditor will need to be lined up.

 

  1. Next Meeting date – Mon 13 Nov

 

Action items:

 

Item

Who

1.

Whakatauākī for next meeting (AGM)

Brian C

2.

Liaise with DOC re Memorandum of Understanding for Kohaihai’s Zig Zag track (rename as Kohaihai lookout?)

Peter M

3.

Submit paperwork for membership of Buller REAP

Brian C

4.

GST registration for KCI—KCI now have IRD number; tax return needs to be filed as next step of filing for GST registration.

Treasurer

5.

Membership list needs to be updated. Clive and Sheryl will forward records of members to Brian, who will update master list hosted on website.

Clive, Treasurer, Brian C

6.

Draft CLDP Project Process document to be shared via email in advance, after KCI committee and communications group members have had a chance to review no later than Wednesday noon.

Clive

7.

Publicity for Community Meeting on CLDP

Brian C

8.

Facilitator for Community Meeting Motion carried.

Brian C

9.

Membership of KIRC

Brian C

Meeting closed at: 9pm

 
X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.
Loading