Minutes KCI Meeting 15 January 2017

DRAFT: subject to ratification at February 12 meeting.

 

Karamea Community Incorporated Minutes 15 January 2018

7pm, Karamea Community Centre (former RSA)

 

Present: Brian Corner (Secretary), Kathleen Gavigan, Clive Hellyar, Brian Jones, Peter Moynihan (Chair), Sylvia Raikes, Rosalie Sampson (Treasurer)

 

Apologies: Raramai Adcock, Emily Miazga, Pete Howard, Paul Murray, Radek Pokorny (who also tendered his resignation from the KCI Committee to allow him to focus energies on the karamea.org.nz website).

 

Guests: Dyan Hansen (Department of Internal Affairs), Ian Hedgman, Brian Partridge, Peter Gibson, Liz Kerslake, Dion Mawson

 

Whakatauākī--Clive: Ko te pae tawhiti whāia kia tata, Ko te pae tata whakamaua kia tīna.

(Seek out distant horizons and cherish those you attain).

 

Agenda

  1. Review and approval of minutes from previous meeting (11 Dec 2017) Rosalie moved to accept minutes with amendments, Kathleen seconded; minutes approved.
  2. Declaration of Interests: Rosalie declared a potential interest relating to the Oparara Valley Project Trust, having submitted a proposal to the Community-Led Development Programme. Peter M does contract work with Oparara Valley Project Trust. 

ACTION: Brian collect responses for the Conflict of Interests register by next meeting.

Rosalie moves that Liaision Group Terms of Reference Policy be approved, Clive seconds. Motion carried.

  1. Treasurer’s report

Rosalie moved financial account be approved, and approval of $45 payment for hall hire, Brian J seconds; motion carried.

ACTION: Rosalie to contact Nicole clarifying contract documents, and whether surveying and engineering work has been completed satisfactorily.

ACTION: Clive to record a process for working with Market Cross Community Group and other organizations.

  1. Correspondence—no correspondence
  2. Action Items

 

Item

ACTION

1.

Kohaihai Lookout track: pending

ACTION: Peter to revisit after holidays

2.

Market Cross Hub Development:

Repiling: no responses to Chronicle advertisement. Market Cross Community Group are willing to go ahead with the repiling, and have now passed back to KCI for hiring of the contractors. Rosalie moved that we go ahead with hiring repiling contractors, Kathleen seconded, motion carried.

Easement on southern boundary will be an additional cost on Vision 2010 funds.

ACTION Clive: Timelines/critical path being constructed, hope to have completed by February meeting.

ACTION: Rosalie will contact contractors.

ACTION: Market Cross Community Group to initiate enquiries with power board re electrical and cabling. Good internet connection needs to be installed in the building.

 

3.

KCBL funds for website group & sub-account: Peter Langford in process of closing account and residual funds will be allocated to website group.

ACTION: Rosalie will continue to follow up

4.

Community-Led Development Programme:

First submission for investment has been received from the Oparara Valley Project Trust: Upgrade of the Oparara Arch Track.

 

Liz noted that some exciting things are happening in the community (e.g. a weekly Abundance Swap), and other projects are fermenting nicely.

ACTION: Dyan and Pete Howard are working on a synthesis of existing community plans [Town and Country (Part 1, Part 2, Concept Design), August Hui plan], with a goal of this being updated by next meeting.

ACTION: Brian C will develop processes for publicising applications as they come in.

 

5.

Community-Led Development Programme: review of Conflict of Interest Policy and Health & Safety Policy

ACTION: Brian J/Kathleen: shelved until next meeting, taking into account growing needs of KCI for working with contractors.

6.

Community-Led Development Programme: Admin costs application. Rosalie moved to revise budget $6000 and Brian to submit application; Clive seconded. Motion carried.

ACTION: Rosalie to revise budget, Brian C to submit application to CLDP.

7.

Community-Led Development Programme: next Quarterly Report is due soon, what input do we wish to provide?

ACTION: Brian C will collate responses from KCI Committee and send to Dyan by end of this week (Jan 21).

  1. General Business
    1. Co.Starters for Causes

Kathleen will write item for Chronicle to gauge local interest in Co.Starters for Causes.

 

  1. Other business

Dion has completed work on the Zig-Zag Track (South Terrace), and will submit an invoice to Rosalie.

 

Meeting closed: 9.15pm

 

Next meeting: 6pm Mon Feb 12, 2018

 

 
X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.
Loading