Resonance 2016

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brendan
Brendan's picture
Resonance 2016

Congratulations KSM and our local crew for the whopping success of Resonance 2015. There's much to discuss in the fallout of the festival; finances, structuring, zoning, security and beyond. Let's begin that 'beyond' conversation here.
I suggest that if there are any specific points about Resonance 2015 that anyone would like to refer to, please create a separate forum. That can be for catch up stuff.

Let this one be our open conversation looking to next year's event. I have no idea how this will flow (one overall forum or separate ones dealing with specific issues??). Either way, it's up to us to pin-point what we want out of next year's gig and have it addressed openly here.

So, I might get the ball rolling with the following topic;

WOODEN SCULPTURE INSTALLATION

There is a large wooden sculpture of an old keeper, carved by the hand of our multi-talented resident Irishman (no, not me)... which is destined to be installed somewhere in the tribal zone at the Oparara Reserve. It has been casually proposed that the sculpture be dedicated to the site this coming Winter Solstice. It requires, shovels, concrete, and a large mid-winter party. Anyone with any ideas on how this might come to pass ought to put there tuppence worth here...

dguppy
dguppy's picture
Re: Resonance 2016

re: wooden sculpture installation

I can bring

sculpture, shovel, wheelbarrow, bucket,enthusiasm,

Good cementing gravel and water onsite

also need trailer and a bag or two of cement. Im thinking decent size hole and have some steelrods and a plan to fix it securly into ground to deter anyone lifting it out or mother nature sweeping it away. Should take not more than an hour or so.

I also thought last time I was out there that a spot between where the 2 stages sit looking out to sea felt like a good place, more out there in the mix of it all and seen by all who visit the reserve.

Winter solstice seemed like an oportune moment but also, if anyone wanted to install it earlier, so it was all set for solstice then Id be happy to head down with some fellow cement pourers.

As far as Party time solstice goes, keen to help.......

Also, last week the reserve was still lookin a little unfinished on the tidy up from the festival front. One of our toilets ( the original longdrops) was tipped over and partially battered and the grafetti art and silage bales looked alittle out of place with a few bits of wood around, one with nails sticking out and a few other bits of bamboo, painted rock etc also a couple of holes in the ground. All mostly harmless in there own right but feel we should always return the reserve to its natural state for the rest of the year for other users. Has been pretty easy to achieve the past years. I think though that our kindly donated wooden keeper sculpture, beautfully carved from a piece of native hardwood should be fairly unobtrusive and well appreciated and maybe theres room for other subtle and well made art. Maybe others think differently???

Was talking with Gary about possibly heading down for a last tidy up soon, possibly sculpture installation if that suits with more of a unveiling type scenario on Solstice???

Great to be using this website :)

desmo
desmo's picture

It just so happens that i have some cement and a trailer .  I only had a quick look at the sculpter ages ago and can picture the top but not the bottom . 

Tim- Wharf Road
Tim- Wharf Road's picture

I'm happy to be involved in a mission to get the sculpture up. Not really much to add now, other than that this does seem like a great way of communicating amongst the wider KSM group and might make us all use the Karamea Community website a bit more which must be a good thing right?! Just to be clear- we're looking at the night of Saturday June 20th for the winter solstice event- that's the cloest weekend to the actual solstice day. Cheers to all, Tim

Raramai
Raramai's picture

I was looking at a photo of the sculpture and it is a bit wavey around the bottom edge

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

reckon you could drill and tap in some heavy duty bolts and cement them into the ground so the statue sat on top of a cement base...

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Ive got some 12mm steel reinforcing rod I was going to cut to 400mm approx lengths, put a bend in them and drill and tap them into the bottom, anything heavier duty would be great if available but happy enough with current plan if not.  Achieving it sitting on top of the concrete is the goal as it would be a shame to bury the fluted end and it also has a copper name plate near the bottom.

May have a free day next Sunday to head to and do something useful such as cleaning up, sculpture concrete, firewood gather etc

B in touch

desmo
desmo's picture

Where are we at at the moment ? . Without veiwing said sculpter of course i was thinking along the lines of say a 6mm / 8mm steel plate (Stainless would be nice) fixed to the sculpter bottem with melthoid (sp) to protect the wood . Pour the foundation and set the bolts in place to take the steel plate and sculperter . Seeking info from a pro that has done the same thing before would be worth while i reckon , as we only want to do it once . 

dguppy
dguppy's picture

If a stainless plate turns up on the day then it shall be thwacked on.........

Ive got bent steel rod, sculpture, clearlight for toilet.

Need some treated ply for toilet door, (1m x 2m approx)

Can bring gennie and skillsaw, barrow and shovel, (chainsaw for firewood?)

If you have trailer, concrete, barrow, shovel Dave, then all we need is a date. ( stainless steel plate???)

I was planning this weekend but may have to dissapear now, if not the next but will be in touch

Raramai
Raramai's picture
Re: winter solstice 2015

Hi all, Grey Star contacted me today about submitting some info for Winter Solstice that will go into The Messenger. Can anyone help with photos from previous Winter Solstices?? Just looking for a couple of appropriate pics. Also wondering if I should mention a little bit about The Keeper unveiling at this years event. Can anyone tell me the background: like why Paddy gifted this to the area. Or am I best to not mention it at all? Anyway, please get in touch if you have some photos, preferably ones that haven't been in the newspaper before. Thanks

desmo
desmo's picture

I dont have any steel plate , it would have to be bought if requierd . 

dguppy
dguppy's picture

we should have some winter solstice photos somewhere, will ask debs when she gets in.

No reason not to mention paddys sculture, it was gifted to us for the last Resonance Festy but never got put up.

Just gonna get round to it soon but can be mentioned as a keeper for a community project, looking after the reserve etc.

Think junior kids are going to make seedballs with Craig and Tania during the winter workshop sessions and they will get biffed into the gorse on the estuary to help re-establish the native. Maybe line that up with the solstice???? All the makings of a good story.......

Might not be going away for weekend now and might look good for a Sunday hit if that suits

Toilet fix, firewood, cement pour???? Keen?????

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture
Re: winter solstice 2015

@ Raramai :) - I have flicked through a couple of images of Solstice via email, hope they help :)
About the sculpture - I asked Paddy if he would be interested in carving a piece of the totara tree from the reserve that came down in the storm last easter. He agreed, then choice instead to donate a carving he already had completed... It was my intent to have the sculpture be a part of Resonance however in the midst of it all it got overlooked. The over arching idea is to have an artwork become part of the reserve each year to celebrate each event and create a feature for the area... I hope that helps with the article :)

@ Dave R. :) - great idea Dave! Get some advice from an expert and do it properly... reckon the stainless steel materials is a good idea... remembering their is $$$ in the Resonance Trust account for this kind of thing...

I am hoping to get down to the reserve this Saturday afternoon to have a look around, take some photos of the changes with the estruary and do some clearing of the tribal zone area in preparation for placement of the sculpture. Flick me a message if you want to join in :)

Brendan
Brendan's picture

Sunday'd be cool. Probably head down Saturday too with some gear from the dairy factory. Might need a hand. Will score a trailor along the way

Re: steel plate. It's not really durable wood so it's gonna need varnishing and maintenance. Paddy reckons it'd rot in about 4 or 5 years anyway. I'm keen on the rod idea and not getting too carried away. It certainly is a piece of art but at the end of the day it's a post in a hole. Hope I haven't offended anyone there.......????

Ya, and you might aswell flesh out that article Ra, art, music, community, re-generation, winter school. There's actually quiet a bit going on here no?

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

with reference to the steel plate: the fact the sculpture is likely to have a limited life span is another reason to go with Dave R's stainless steel plate idea. If we go with the rods and concrete, once the sculpture has done its dash we will be left with a lump of concrete with iron rods sticking out of it... basically of little use. Where as with the bolts and steel plate idea the plate can be screwed into another piece of art and installed in the same spot...

I kind of like the idea of 'changing art at the reserve' reflecting change associated with our communities diversity and the development of the community itself...

It may mean having a ceremony for the piece @ solstice then installing it after once we obtain the materials needed... but that is all good...

Just a thought...

Raramai
Raramai's picture

Hiya, couply quick questions - Gary can I use those 3 images on the facebook page as well? And does anyone know what wood the sculpture is made of?

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

pretty sure the wood is totara...

go for it with the images... if you need others try the photo gallery for the winter solstices on this website :)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Heading down to Oparara at midday tomorrow (Sunday) for arvo and if weather good, might grab some saussies to cook for a sunset feed.

I'll bring stuff to fix toilet and things such as shovel, chainsaw, hammer nails, rope

Will throw sculpture and rods in, was going to pre drill holes for rods and treat the holes and bottom with timber preservative but may just hold back and bring everything along. Have a chinwag about it onsite. If your happy to bring concrete and trailor Dave, that would keep options open.

I was thinking just getting in in the ground and it would stay where it was, letting entropy do its thing......

Worth considering the left over concrete and rods at the demise of its life and would condider not pouring as big of a lump of concrete so it could be dug up and manhandled onto a trailor and disposed of. Thought it could be flanked with a nikau and kowhai ( have these in our nursery) and they would take over site in time.

Toilet up and ready, wood stacked and a plan for structure/layout for sostice would be a great conlusion for day

ps, not sure if any scrb cutting needs to occur??

See ya there

desmo
desmo's picture

Josh and i just home from Oparara .Pemix and cement on site and we gathered a load of firewood , i think quite abit of the wood came from the left over of the firewood pile and has been moved by flooding . The sea has done a good job of knocking things over so i dont think brush cutting will be required . Catch you there tomorrow .

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

Have just got back from reserve... the river is certainly making its presence felt.

Mary and I have extended around the tribal zone, there is a large flax that still needs to be (re)moved, will do that once we have done something to mitigate the effect of wave action on the river bank (it is now beginning to undermone the patch of bush...).

Not sure about the effectiveness of 'seed bombing' the gorse patch. It is decomposing quite quickly and in reality that part of the coastline is better suited to coastal grasses and flax... perhaps seed bombing the 'scrubby' patches on the driveway into the reserve, or the area around behind where the community space/stage is would provide better results...

dguppy
dguppy's picture

yegads!!! fancy munching into our reserve.......somebody stop that menacing water!!!!! sounds like its time to light the bat signal and call on the caped crusdaer.......or maybe a big digger and lots of big rocks???..........flaxes and palms???.......make a new reserve on the south terrace???.......

There has allready been a fairly major re route of the heaphy track on the coast and another due to start and one or two other spots that may need work in the near future......and that just the heaphy track, never mind homes and structures down the way facing an uncertain future.......Hope it all slows down soon, expensive habit trying to hold ground against a persistant ocean......

Seed balls, I believe are for a swathe of gorse on the eastern flank of the estuary north of the mouth, an area that was negotiated to be spared from a spray programme that saw the aerial spraying of the western flank and the hand spraying of the gorse that is/was the dominant vegetation through the main festival  camping area out beyond the festy site. A bit of an experiment to trial turning gorse to native where there may no longer be much left of native viable seed. I was under the impression the seeds were to be locally sourced and appropriate to the site....

Its been successfully implemented in southland and be interesting to see how it goes ( grows....).....

Look forward to checking out the reserve tomorrow and contemplating the unrelenting nature of nature

Just watched a doco via our new fibre optic cable on a collective impression of the urban world becoming overrun by animals and trees in the wake of all humans dissapearing from earth. We do put a lot of effort into maintaining our word and it can all crumble pretty fast in the absence of that maintainence......

On a bright note, has anyone considered lighting for the solstice????

:)

Raramai
Raramai's picture

Re lighting - Bernie Onthecost is on the case for stage ligting and probably uplighting some trees.

On another topic I wondered if we want to do the same as last year with food with a $5 community meal. Dion is probably not going to be doing the kai caravan and if no-one else wants to do a food stall I think it would be nice to have a community meal and make a few dollars. Of course I realise many of you are busy with night market preparation, but let me know if you are able/willing to make something foodwise to share. I am happy to make a large pot of chicken soup.

Raramai
Raramai's picture

was wondering if anyone has an idea of what time we would like to do the dedication?

dguppy
dguppy's picture

What be thy dedication???

Got to the reserve on Sunday with wee crew and held a brief and decisive meeting on the where and how of sculpture placement and whether we should go ahead and do it their and then and before you could say "ocean erosion" shovels were shovelling and a hole was dug . Its placed out by the firewood pile facing the river mouth and seems right at home....... Ringed it with some nice driftwood and still aim to plant a couple of trees around it and also maybe lay some nice limestone at its base.

Got the toilet all patched up and moved to a possie we thought was a good mid to long term placement.

Just need a door which I believe Brendan is on to and the toilet seat lid is damaged but seat still good and useable

Stacked the wood pile up and covered it with plastic so hopefully its a little easier to light on the night, probably good to remember some dry kindling.

Might be heading away next week and Debs well entrenched with commitments so probably wont be able to do too much with regards to making food or such, see how the week pans out. Weather might cancel things. Would be great to share a hearty feed.

We have a fair idea of the basic set up which is basically a large well strung tarp and a fire close by and any random decor that happens to arrive. Did allright last year considering weather and "night marketing" the night before.

Assume the lights and sound gear all sorted, was talk of vinyl shinanagins so just need the word on that to sort the decks.

Ka Pai Hombres

dguppy
dguppy's picture

here come the longest nights......

weather looks like it may swing in our favour but not before heaving a front right up and over the south island, Thursday into Friday.........

Have some time to get out and finish a couple of jobs, may look at catching up with Brendan tomorrow arvo and stringing up a rope web in the trees to  fix tarp over and hang stuff from.....

Making plans to cook up a hearty stew with Brendan to compliment Ra's idea and maybe a sack of spuds wrapped in tinfoil in the fire could work.

A pot luck as opposed to manning a table and charging might be easy unless anyone has that covered allready, just a spread the word and bring a nourishing pot, a ladle and a plate??....  would need a table decked out with table cloth and candles/ lanterns....

Havn't come up with any sculpture unveiling plans apart from the overall midwinter hoe down, might see if Platt can pop down and shake smouldering sage furiously whilst jumping around, dressed in jungle loin cloth, chanting furiously..... should be well suiting......... failing that we can make it up on the night...........    

Raramai
Raramai's picture

Couple of points....

Re food:

I thought it was important to have some kind of hot food available. As I got little response about a community meal idea I decided to make some meals myself  - curry, soups and rice. Am trying to do it on the cheap but planned to re-imburse myself for costs of rice, chickpeas etc. Free Pot-luck idea would be good but I don't think people should mind paying $5 if they haven't contributed anything. 24 hours of entertainment and hot food for $10 total is ridiculously good value in my opinion. Let me know if you think otherwise though.

I have sorted a money box for the entry fee and a separate money box for the community meal.

Slava will also have a stall of food which she will sell separately, and has her own table. She is happy to help with manning the community meal with me as well. I planned to bring a fold out table for community meal. It isn't that large so if anyone else is able to help with a table it would be appreciated. Let me know if you do please.

Next point -  I am no tarp expert, but as I have had various commments made to me about whether a tarp alone will be sufficient I think it we need to discuss this openly now, rather than on the day. There is a lot of sound gear and it needs protecting. The tarp will need to protect the sound gear and all the band setup, vinyl decks and dj setup as these will all be setup at the same time. Every other winter solstice we have used Chris's structure and it has worked well. Is there a reason we aren't doing that? I understand the tarp is large, but if it pools with water or doesn't cover everything Gary won't put the gear under it. As I said I am no tarp expert but as I put my hand up to be involved in organising, I don't want to be in a compromising position on the day. Also wondered if tarp could be used to cover food area or dance area if the weather isn't perfect on Saturday. Last years setup worked well I thought. If you have a comment to make about this please do it on the forum now!

It is estimated we will need up to 4 gerry cans of fuel for James's generator to cover 24 hours. Brendan do you have this covered?

@Tim - was wondering if you are in Karamea at the moment and do you want a vinyl set time?

Nice to see the sunshine today...hope it's this nice on Saturday :) Looking forward to it, from Ra

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Good to hear about community meal plan, just throwing ideas around to generate discussion. Hearty stew can be thrown in to community meal if brendan doesnt mind, ( he was scoring the meaty bit), fire roasted spuds could be worth considering for that too if extra hot goodness needed.

I had planned to make staunch rope web strung between trees and planned to achieve a very strong water shedding shape using tensioning knots and good trees. Something that would look the part and provide potential for hanging decor/lanterns. Assumming tarp is in good nick. Planning to tuck up in kidzone as that seemed best place to shield from south westerly winds and has a good tree selection. Not sure about Chris's structure with regard to the where, how and what of getting it there and erected. Just putting out what I could do in the tiny gaps available in my schedule, pretty much this arvo and on the day now. Should have a stash of flags to string up and be great to score bunch of lanterns/candles.

Also not entirely sure whose subscribed to this site and whether we are in touch with full spectrum of those potentially involved, I had sent a link to Bernie last night as a fellow festy conspirer just to keep him in the loop.

Are there other discussion platforms going on with regards to the setup????

Maybe there are others who could pitch in for structure assembly if more space required.

Will post up tonight any thoughts/ achievments from this arvos visit.

DG :)

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

The heavy duty tarp from this years kidzone and the 9m * 9m tarp from the community stage are in the dairy factory (Raramai has a key?)...

desmo
desmo's picture

Raramai wrote:

Couple of points....

Re food:

I thought it was important to have some kind of hot food available. As I got little response about a community meal idea I decided to make some meals myself  - curry, soups and rice. Am trying to do it on the cheap but planned to re-imburse myself for costs of rice, chickpeas etc. Free Pot-luck idea would be good but I don't think people should mind paying $5 if they haven't contributed anything. 24 hours of entertainment and hot food for $10 total is ridiculously good value in my opinion. Let me know if you think otherwise though.

I have sorted a money box for the entry fee and a separate money box for the community meal.

Slava will also have a stall of food which she will sell separately, and has her own table. She is happy to help with manning the community meal with me as well. I planned to bring a fold out table for community meal. It isn't that large so if anyone else is able to help with a table it would be appreciated. Let me know if you do please.

Next point -  I am no tarp expert, but as I have had various commments made to me about whether a tarp alone will be sufficient I think it we need to discuss this openly now, rather than on the day. There is a lot of sound gear and it needs protecting. The tarp will need to protect the sound gear and all the band setup, vinyl decks and dj setup as these will all be setup at the same time. Every other winter solstice we have used Chris's structure and it has worked well. Is there a reason we aren't doing that? I understand the tarp is large, but if it pools with water or doesn't cover everything Gary won't put the gear under it. As I said I am no tarp expert but as I put my hand up to be involved in organising, I don't want to be in a compromising position on the day. Also wondered if tarp could be used to cover food area or dance area if the weather isn't perfect on Saturday. Last years setup worked well I thought. If you have a comment to make about this please do it on the forum now!

It is estimated we will need up to 4 gerry cans of fuel for James's generator to cover 24 hours. Brendan do you have this covered?

@Tim - was wondering if you are in Karamea at the moment and do you want a vinyl set time?

Nice to see the sunshine today...hope it's this nice on Saturday :) Looking forward to it, from Ra

I could make a Crock pot of chili con carne to help warm our tummys . Will there be enough power on site to plug a crock in ? if not does any1 have a camp oven etc that i could use so it could be heated on the fire as i dont have anything suitable . I have that little card table that i normally have behind the caravan if its of use .

Raramai
Raramai's picture

Yes I have the key at my place. My number is 7826 978 if anyone needs to contact me.

I don't think there are any other plans for the weekend discussed on-line. Yes it would be good to get as many people as possible using this forum for ease of communication in one place. I have just sent Brendan's email out again (on how to join forum) so hopefully more folks will join.

Re genny - I talked to James and he said the genny can run on fuel and lpg. If we can muster a couple of gas bottles and some fuel that would be good but Brendan may have that sorted anyway?? James thought a gerry of fuel and 2 gas bottles should be enough for 24 hours (midday Saturday to midday Sunday)

@Dave R - yes please to the small table! If anyone else has something let me know though. I think there will be power available from the genny for crockpot. Can't see why we can't run a lead from it. Chilli con carne sounds perfect, cheers Dave.

So far for community meal food we have...

Chad making minestrone soup, Slava making a traditional Ukrainian soup, Raramai making vegetable curry, rice and chai tea. Dave with chilli con carne, Brendans beef stew and possibly fire cooked spuds. Sounds Delicious! Cheers to those who are able to help :)

I guess if anyone contributes food then they don't pay for the community meal. I will put it on the facebook event page that there is a $5 community meal and people need to bring their own plates, utensils etc like we have done in the past.

Slava is also gong to have her own stall with various food for sale, and is trying to get a large electric urn for heating hot water to make tea and coffee for sale.

from Ra

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

I will bring down the little genset as well... just in case :)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

wow, we have topped 30 replies on a thread with an interested handful of contributers on a non commercial community media platform..... what a great way to communicate without bombarding those not interested and no pictures of what people had for brunch or invitations to play online poker. Not that there should be any indifferance to such things.......just the freedom of no strings attached participation.........

Had a play with rope web, good initial results with room for improvement..... threw tarp over and with some sound German engineering input from Chris whose heading down tomorrow with Brendan to tweak the finer points, we should have our shelter with a great West coast flavour. High quality canvas tarp makes a difference albeit a few small holes to cover.

Got a good huddle with brazier close by and food prep/serve space on other side of fire from stage that just needs a tarp strung over and could well have Dions food caravan parked next to for power and lights ( small genset that Gary offered up could be the go into that).

Have tarp and rope onsite for that mish.

Pallet stage sorted. DJ table started

Also smaller brazier tucked into trees for ambience and possible kid hangout.

Murmerings of mums staying home with kids could be averted with the presence of warm cozy spots and well tuned sound machine spinning fine grooves.......same ole goals.......

Good peeps, good tunes, warm fires, flags, lights, hot food, toilet

BYO lanterns, toilet paper, duvet, torch and snacks

Do a sundance

See ya at night market, Granity, Friday 19th

See ya Oparara Reserve, Winter Solstice, Sat 20th

Endeavouring to make a couple of  fire lanterns from driftwood poles, could flank the sculpture for sunset

Craig planning to biff seed balls,

plant a kowhai next to sculpture

take a moment.......

could be good foundation for solstice pivotal point

dguppy
dguppy's picture

ps. old toilet fallen victim to storm and pretty much on its last legs anyway.

One KSM toilet on site, new location and hole..... may well be sufficient but other one at dairy factory if someone inspired.....

Just saying.......

SS Ferneliza
SS Ferneliza's picture

Hey hey, its taken me this long to log in!!!!

I'm happy to add a samoan chop suey to that list, if the four square has enough vermicelli???? and I dont think you really find venison in samoa but, Hey!? If not I'll try do a Pani Popo (coconut buns)

I've got Debs' supplejack balls to dangle about.  but with this night market prep, and not having the extra vehicle, I'm not sure when I can help with any decorating and such,  Seth is busy paying the bills.  Errrr the lil Wango hall owns two marques or are they just large gazebos??? I'm sure they were available for community functions, I dont know who you can talk to about that?

mmmmkay ciao!  Sina 

dguppy
dguppy's picture

So, just popped in to check water tightness of set up, shape/water shedding looking good, just need one bamboo pole put in on Saturday, However, canvas tarp, though sturdy has no water proof value and saturates and drips. Seeing as Foundation good, all we need to do is slip any ole water proof tarp under between  canvas and ropes,

Gary, you mentioned another large tarp available at factory, should be the answer,

We can have a chinwag at night market as to finer points

A couple of good ropes set up for food zone, just need a tarp or two for that.

The aforementioned stew that was promised in an earlier post is teetering on unachievable due to time restraints but sounds like Sina and Dave are coming to the party with some extra tucker.

Might fluke a dry night looking at forecast allthough covered spaces may well be popular at the night market tommorow. ( not to mention headaches caused by flooded roads if this keeps up!!!!)

Seey'allsoon....

Brendan
Brendan's picture

Canvas not waterprooof?? Am I missing something here? Oh, you mean not water proof on the west coast like?

Giving thanks to Mother Nature or the Southerlies, or the force, for bringing this front to challenge our defences. Let it blow this night and cast our humble zone amongst it's ragged strands. Lest there be any spot that might be weak upon the breeze or wet 'neath it's flanks.

So I'll be down in the morning, with the tarp. It's in the van there. Twill be grand.

Brendan
Brendan's picture

Yep, had a look at the setup there. It's weathered the storm well but we will throw another tarp over top. Will take 10 mins. Still waratahs and rope on site.

Got the fuel and genset, brewing a pot of beef stew and working on a door for the jacks. Will roll out the carpet in the morning, chuck the tarp on and start decorating. Laura's bringing her PA and will be there before lunch. We can set it up until the KSM arrives.

Setup food site and set camp fire. Dion's bringing the hot plate setup for nice warm kai.

Fix the toilet, shift some wood?

Stu or Debra has the decks.

Craig's got the forest.

And I've got my guitar.

desmo
desmo's picture

Top job people and a big thumbs up to our local talent that keep sounding better and better the more they perform . 

Raramai
Raramai's picture

Yeah I agree with you there Dave. Top job indeed, and the local talent was awesome. Thank you to everyone who was part of solstice on the weekend. You're a bunch of good buggers and all your efforts are appreciated.... from firewood, to lights, to decorating, to sound, to performing, to toilet building and putting up structures etc etc...I think we should be proud of how we put together a great gig with such a magic atmosphere. Cheers y'all :)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Yep, a collective rise to the occasion.........inspired by that awesome place and the great peeps who gather and make it happen........Y'all come back now y'hear...........

Brendan
Brendan's picture

Yo. Who's missing their large stainless pot and a ladle with a red plastic spoon end? They are at might place for now. Were left over after the gig.

Tim- Wharf Road
Tim- Wharf Road's picture

Hey Brendan, yeah, cheers it's mine. Went missing (lost in the portal?!) early Saturday evening so it must've been off having it's own party with the other pots and pans and got lost on the way home. I'll pick it up this week sometime. Cheers! Tim

Login or register to post comments

Please Note:   The content, views and opinions on these forums are the sole responsibility of its authors. The content has not necessarily been reviewed by the sponsors or administrators of this website. Submit feedback about this content.

X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.