Last post
dguppy
dguppy's picture
Resonance 2017 Kidzone

Cool

On the lead in to Resonance 2017

Kidzone Core Crew

Brendan, Debs, Laura, Kaia, Guppy

Same sweet spot, Same aim....... a zone for the child that resides in all of us.

Rough plan Thus far.......

Same general layout

Main dome space is a UFO. Will be a weather proof stage, creative space and multi media station.

space as the theme for surrounding decor.........stars, planets, aliens, astronauts, space stations etc.

Flying Fox in same spot with the climbing structure to bridge the UFO and flying fox.

Brendan and Guppy to Source materials for main structures And facilitate building.

Debs, Laura and Kaia to facilitate decor

Laura to provide PA

KSM to provide projecta.

Stu mollisoln to bring in the juice and Bernie on the Coast to advise and help with lighting

Gary to run workshop building climbing structure.

Guppy to organise fountain. 

Dion/Kaia to source fruit?

Pete Jenkins to provide toilet.

Timetable

dome and flying fox to be up on waitangi weekend.

Decor to commence at art workshop on Saturday 28th at 11am at Reserve (play centre if wet).

decorating UFO and building fountain to commence after waitangi weekend.

Climbing frame workshop Friday morn of festival?  (Gary to confirm)

Events during festival to be confirmed and facilitators appointed.

moving disco

kids driftwood sculpture build and burn.

shows

movies

creative crafts

anything fun considered.

last year one of the best hits was the raft that was built as a workshop in the kidzone and spent the rest of the event floating around the estuary to be enjoyed by all budding pirates and marooned sea people.

The raft was tied up after the festival and survived the flood on the Tuesday and was dragged up and lashed to the trees by tribal zone.

Does anybody know what happened to it? Would be great to at least recover the bamboo?

Resources are being sourced and anybody in need of anything, please ask.

Anybody perusing this site that has any of the resources being requested, we would be happy to accept them for use in the kidzone.

anybody with any ideas, or suggestions or other offerings, feel free to let us know either via this thread or Contacting David Guppy on 7826910.

CoolLets populate this thread with creative kid vibes......

Laura
Laura's picture
Re: Resonance 2017 Kidzone

Awesome Guppy thanks :)

Dion told Kaia he was going to source the fruit, so that's all good :)

Moving disco........quadbike/trailer/gen? From Kidzone to beach with the kids following the disco? Bit of decoration on the trailer maybe?

Once on the beach maybe do the driftwood sculptures and burn them later when it's dark?

Where to source quad plus trailer tho.....

just throwing ideas around :)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Dave is gonna be the man to ask for the quad bike and trailer. Debs is on board to help facilitate sculpture build. Need a disco facilitator. Wanted to encourage space themed dress up for disco. Quad bike themed up too? Will dressed up kids be into sculpture build? Or maybe other way around, sculpture build, followed by dress up, followed by disco, followed by burning? Depends a bit on tides and e zone time tabling if we were going to incorporate that.....probably a Saturday thing? liking the general direction.........

dwagner
dwagner's picture

Hey good one, here we are!

Happy to put hand up for wood sculpture/ burning mission with kids. Keen to have at least one other on board for this.

Also hoping to set up musical creations with in the kid zone for kids to have a go on when it suites....maybe even a workshop with the kids on drumming? Would be good to have a look at where this can be set up on the 28th. Any musical creations will be most welcome....home made natural (mostly) goodness.

Liz K
Liz K's picture

Awesomeness.

I've got a silver 2-3 man tent cover that could be made into a UFO shady place or whatever you fancy.  Also a roll of silver under floor insulation that could be cut for dangly stars/comet streams/whatever :)

D's got catering tin foil on his list

dwagner
dwagner's picture

Liz, I will take you up on the offer of the insulation paper, will try and stop in mid week to pick up from you when it suites you as well. I assume this is at Cheryls?

Kaia and Laura, hoping you can post a list of supplies needed by Sunday night. Need to order stuff ASAP so things are here for the workshop next weekend. 

Would be good to also think and post a list of what we need to collect to make musical instruments for the KidZone....

Great night last night...

x

dwagner
dwagner's picture

Sina, are you out there? :) 

Are you happy to help out with these alien creations? Would be good to go down to the Oparara to see what is left of the octopus that Sascha made last year and if any of that would be useable. If supple jack or willow is used then best to start collecting now. We have an art workshop happening next weekend at the Oparara and that could be a good excuse to get together and create. Thoughts?

x

Kaia
Kaia's picture

just trying to do the login thing so this is just a trial-message..

dwagner
dwagner's picture

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a large amount of white acrylic/tempera paint they would like to donate towards the workshop this weekend for KidZone decor? Ordered 2L on line but they were out and it would not be available till after the festival. Will get something suitable in Westport on Friday if I don't hear from anyone sooner.

Cheers!

dwagner
dwagner's picture

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a large amount of white acrylic/tempera paint they would like to donate towards the workshop this weekend for KidZone decor? Ordered 2L on line but they were out and it would not be available till after the festival. Will get something suitable in Westport on Friday if I don't hear from anyone sooner.

Cheers!

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

Hi All :)

Have had confirmation from various people wanting to do workshops with the kids

Ashliegh - building fairy houses out of cob

Sachi - apron puppet show and origami (Saturday and Sunday morning only)

Natalia - crafty space (she actually made this a general space but thought it might be good to combine this with Kaia's idea?)

Stella - aerial workshops (available all the event)

Oscar - performance/songs

I also have someone offering yoga... however they have yet to confirm...

I have other options to explore and will get back to you soon with the results :)

Cheers

Gary

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

oh yeah... forgot my structure building workshop...

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Line up looks great thanks Gary. let me know if there are any specific needs from anybody outside of the space to perform/create. Debs got a decor workshop all jacked up on Saturday at the reserve and invited the sun to come along.

Laura and Kaia got some instruments all made up for kid jams. Not too certain about the manifestation of the roving disco to get beyond conceptual stage unless someone really grabs it.. See how we go there. The driftwood sculpture on Saturday arvo followed by sunset kids kiwiburn should all be a goer. Driftwood resource would be the only limitation And not sure of the supply down there yet. Keen as too make this happen. would be great to find a creative someone to turn the fountain into a space man and also someone to create a wicker ( willow or supplejack )alien we can deck out in green material and google eyes.

Could do with a technician to take charge of projecta, screen and media but might be able to pull this off if no one puts there hand up.

getting ready for lift off.........

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Liz, tin foil could still be handy for space man fountain....... also some green material and googly eyes if ya spot any in your travels.............. :)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Tin foil received....... thanks

Liz K
Liz K's picture

Hey Dave, there's a super creaive dude who's a friend of Annie -one of the set up crew- who's just put in an application to crew.  This is his business: https://www.facebook.com/wellflockewe/media_set?set=a.10206242105185254.... , sounds like a decent chap... would you like me to ask him to do something creative with the fountain with you?? Or other hands on help for kids zone during set up....

Might have some green fabric for you, I'll have a dig later :)

See yas tomorrow!

Liz 

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Hi liz

link not working but a fountain creator would be appreciated. I can gather a bunch of materials, tank, plumbing, tin foil etc....... just need someone to put it together. 

if he could set up a projecta and screen, that would be pretty handy...

Green material would be much appreciated..

:)

Natalie JC
Natalie JC's picture

Hello You lovely Karamea Crew!!!

The happenings all sound very exciting!!! Can't wait to see it all fabricated! I'll be coming to the site on the 5th and setting up my bird installation. Hopefully all will go smoothly and it won't take too long. That's for the main area not kidzone as I was told the overall theme is flight. I'll also be running a stop-motion puppet-making workshop, think it will be more for patient craftsmen, so maybe not tiny children more like 10-adults....for the kidzone/ creative space I just bought 4 big bottles of poster paint, I always love collaborative painting canvases, Maybe it could be tied together with the ufo structure and a collaborative outer-space painting could be done during the festival, with aliens and ufo's and wotnot???I have the colours blue, red, purple and brown! I also have lots of grey and blue wool, which could maybe be turned into aliens... I can also offer a bird-making workshop using flaxes for kids or adults or both!  

So yeah that's what I'll be bringing to the table, I like the idea of an open crafty/drawing space where people can come and just free-style be creative, and I'm down for watching that space maybe 2hrs a day, it's just a tricky one to manage as there should best be someone there keeping an eye on things, so people don't go too crazy or wasteful with paint, pastels and so on! so not sure how we could make this happen...any ideas?

Cool that's all from me, good idea with a forum btw :D

Look forward to seeing you all soon! Much love

Natalie xxx 

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Welcome aboard Natalie 

Some fine crafty ideas there. We have had a kids paint session before and you are correct in the thinking around having it supervised. We could just put a time on the blackboard and do a 2 hour session whenever it suits you. sometime on Friday? Maybe again on Saturday? Sticking to the space theme would be ideal. We just need a blank canvas. In the past we have used the plain backside of a roll of wall paper, unwound and attached to a series of bamboo poles. Anything remotely similar would be fine, we found that having it long and not so high was ideal for having a good line up of kids painting at one time. If you don't have any suitable blank canvas, maybe Liz could find something for you?

Catch ya soon

:)

dguppy
dguppy's picture

Could do with a projecta screen. Either a manufactured one or one made from a white sheet with eyelets punched into the edge and lashed onto a bamboo fame roughly 1.5m high by 2 m wide? A mini version of the screen in the dairy factory. Anybody know of any screens out there or anybody that wants to construct one if they are given the materials?

Gary B Smith
Gary B Smith's picture

Kidzone Schedule:

Friday                                          Saturday                                              Sunday

9:00                                                  Apron Theatre Puppet Show                     Apron Theatre Puppet Show

10:00                                                Origami                                                 Origami

11:00                                                Circus Skills                                           Circus Skills

Silks and Aerials                   Silks and Aerials

13:00                                                Circus Skills                                           Circus Skills

14:00                                                Kids Magical Mud

15:00      Silks and Aerials                   Silks and Aerials

17:00 Musical Performance (with Oscar) Clown Performance (with Carrot the Clown)

let me know what you think... when are the activities you guys have planned?

Login or register to post comments

Please Note:   The content, views and opinions on these forums are the sole responsibility of its authors. The content has not necessarily been reviewed by the sponsors or administrators of this website. Submit feedback about this content.

X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.