In 2010 the Karamea Community Arts Council held their first photography competition, and it was judged by two Arts Council members and a visiting photographic artist. In 2011 and 2013 the competition was judged by public on-line voting on this Web site, relieving the judges of picking winners from all the fantastic entries. The voting system has been very successful, and again this year we invite you - the Karamea Community - to show off your best photography.
Here's a reminder of how it works:
Photographers upload their submissions via this Web site.
The public will vote on-line for their favourite photo in each category.
Photographers are invited to submit up to two (2) photos per category in any or each of the eight (8) categories.
All photos submitted will be displayed on the Karamea Community Web site.
Photos may be subject to use by the Karamea Community Arts Council for promotional purposes and newspaper articles etc.
- Photo submissions must be uploaded from 1 September through 31 October.
- On-line voting will take place from 1 November through 30 November.
- Prize winners will be recognised on the Web site for their achievement.
- On-line voting will use a ten (10) star guide, where 10 stars is best.
- Voting will be anonymous. No one will be able to view the star awards on the Web site until after the voting period has closed and the voting completed.
*** Due to our funding criteria, only entrants with a Karamea or Little Wanganui
postal address will be eligible to receive prizes. ***
Awards: Category Winners:
- The photo receiving the most votes from each of the eight categories will be deemed the category winner.
- Each category winner will receive $20, plus a 25 x 37.5cm photographic print of their winning entry.
Awards: Grand Prize:
- The photo receiving the most votes will be deemed the overall competition winner.
- Grand Prize winner will receive $80, plus a 40 x 50cm photographic print of their winning entry.
*** Only entrants with a Karamea or Little Wanganui postal address will be eligible to receive prizes. ***
- Only photos that have not been previously entered in this competition, or any other competition, are eligible for submission.
- Photos can be previously taken or newly taken, but we really hope people will get out there with their cameras during the months of September and October and go for it!
- Old prints would need to be scanned into digital files, new photos will, no doubt, be digitally created.
- However and wherever your photos originate they must be uploaded to the Web site as a digital image.
- As mentioned, you are limited to submitting up to two (2) photos per person, per category.
- Categories are:
1) Karamea 2) Black & White / Sepia 3) Precious Moments 4) Industry 5) Message
6) Surreal 7) Digitally Altered 8) Photos taken from a cellphone
- The category 'Digitally Altered' is designed for entries that contain altered images using editing programs like Photoshop. All original images used to create the final entry must be the owner's.
- The category 'Photos taken from a cellphone' is a new type of category that has been added now that we have cellphone reception in Karamea.
- Up to two (2) submissions only per person, per category, allowing for sixteen (16) submissions per person into the photography competition.
- The on-line submission form directions will step you through the process of uploading each of your submissions into the proper categories.
- Photo files should be a maximum of 800x800 pixels and file size up to 2MB.
If you have questions about the photography competition rules, or you have any problems uploading photos, or voting online, please let us know through the Website Feedback submission form or contact one of us directly using the contact details below.
Kathy Ramsey Chairperson, Karamea Community Arts Council (email@example.com)
Radek Web Lackey (firstname.lastname@example.org)